Online Borders Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives
Online Borders is a community website which provides information on local organisations, clubs and services across the Scottish Borders. It includes information in a searchable Directory with links to Community Websites where groups, organisations or services have a website. There is also a section of local consultations.
OnlineBorders is a free, accessible service providing local and community information for the people of the Scottish Borders through its website.
Online Borders Aims and Objectives
- To provide and improve access to services and activities by providing free, accurate and up-to-date local and community information for the general public.
- To create a hub of Border wide community and local information.
- To provide facilities, training and support to enable organisations to have their own Community Websites.
- To create flexible and cost-effective partnerships with other local information providers wherever possible.
- To provide the website.
- To maintain an effective approach to the creation, storage, retrieval and management of the local and community information entries.
- To provide a system that is easy to use and update.
- To provide a system that is flexible and easy to develop for continuous improvement and long term stability.
- To keep intact, at all times, a systematic process of updating and archiving information (including contacting organisations and updating entries every 6 months).
- To keep the service and updating process in place regardless of changes to the management, system, hosting or software.
- To maintain the system and provide support to public users for updating entries.
- To periodically re-evaluate and improve the usability and functionality of the Online Borders website.
- To utilise as far as possible existing standards, equipment and data networks.