The principle objective of the Panel is to enhance all aspects of community safety for the residents of Tweeddale.
This may include but is not limited to:
- Personal safety
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- Fire safety
- Reducing crime and the fear of crime
- Crime prevention - security of homes and places of business
- Improved communication between partner agencies
- Encouraging peer education and initiatives led by young people
Membership of the Panel will be by invitation of the Chief Constable or his representative and will include representatives of as wide a range of local organisations as possible as well as individuals with particular skills from all sections of the community. There will be no restrictions on the number of members who may be admitted as members of the Panel.
Our next meeting will be
- Wednesday 21st September 7pm Peebles Fire station
Committee names and contact details
- Police Inspector Wynne, Sgt. Duncan Marker, PC Vanessa Hamilton
- Fire Service Chris Stark
- SBC Councillor Gavin Logan
- Patricia Purves
- 'Bin IT 2 Win It' - anti litter project in Peebles
- Victim Support day at Tesco in Peebles 11th August 1pm to 4pm.
- Peebles agricultural show Saturday 13th August