Bowden Village Hall
Bowden Village Hall was built and opened in 1897. The money for erecting the building was all given locally, and many gave services in assisting with the building, including the local farmers who gave their services free for executing the haulage work.
The building was designed by Mr Wallace who was the son of a well known village family, his father having a thriving joiners business in the Village in the 19th Century. Mr Wallace gave the design and plans as his contribution to the erection of the Hall.
A stone inserted into the front wall of the Village Hall commemorates the generous legacy from one of the Village's benefactors, Mr William Dick. He was educated in the Village, and then left and spent his life on the Railways. On his retiral he came back to his native Village and resided here until his death in 1925. He left the residue of his estate for the light and improvement of the Village. Electric lights were switched on in 1930 to light up the Village. Further monies were used to fund extra cloakrooms and to install a hot water system in the Village Hall .
The Hall is well used for fund raising events with a Christmas Fare and regular coffee mornings during the year. Many organisations use the Hall for public meetings and it is a considerable asset to the village.